Sunday, March 2, 2014

organizing things

I started teaching gardening at Park Day School back in October, and started imagining how the garden shed could be organized sometime in November.  Organized so that I can enjoy going in it and putting things away, can easily find things, and most importantly so the kids could do the same.  So it was time, finally.  And with a little help from my hubby, we put up some shelves, and within a day it had become a lovely place to be.


Then last week on a short vacation to Santa Cruz, I rode a one-speed tandem bike (with my son) up the large hill to UC Santa Cruz campus, so that I could finally visit the LifeLab garden and farm there.  It was wonderful and inspiring, and, of course, I found the most perfect solution to the last of my organization challenges.  A wonderful tool rack.  Now I just need to plot a plan to make such a thing with my students.






No comments:

Post a Comment