Monday, November 10, 2014

back to the farm


Tom and I got married at an Apple Farm in the Anderson Valley - the Philo Apple Farm to be precise - over 17 years ago.  We had a wonderful weekend up there, filled with so many beautiful moments and places.  The farm has grown to include sheep, pigs, goats and chickens, in addition to the apple orchards.  We even saw a great blue heron crossing the road.  Karen and Tim have done an amazing job at keeping the place real, functional, and beautiful, all at the same time.  There is some funkiness here and there (I think if Christopher Alexander and his description of "roughness"), which I love and which makes the gems shine even more.

We have had great times exchanging ideas over the years, and I realize how much inspiration their farm has provided me in finding and making joy and beauty in cooking, creating, and making places.  So nice to go back to the fountain and drink it in.












No comments:

Post a Comment